Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Enjoy the summer with SUPA!
- Sunday, July 9: SUPA Sunday with Neal Chin Workshop & Ukulele Song Circle
- Join us during the dog days of summer for our monthly ukulele song circle along with a workshop by Neal Chin. Thsi workshop, "How to Make a Song BIG!" will help you learn techniques and elements to make a song sound "big" on the 'ukulele. Dynamics, harmonization, and most importantly tension and release will be covered utilizing various right-hand and left-hand techniques. Basic chords, strumming, and picking will help you get the most out of this class. Come and join us to add more elements to your 'ukulele jam sessions! Workshop appropriate for all learning levels.
- Workshop begins at 1:15, only $15. Ukulele Song Circle 2:30-4:30pm. (Only $4 after 2:15).
- Sunday, August 13: SUPA Picnic in the Park
- It's August, so that means it's ukuleles, BBQ, open mic, and summer fun in the park! Join SUPA for an all-day ukulele extravaganza at Ravenna Park.
- Where: Ravenna Park (the upper picnic grounds -- entrance is near the intersection of NE 58th St and 20th Ave NE).
- When: 10:00am to evening. Several of us get there by about 9:30-10:00 with some coffee and donuts. Barbecuing starts about 11:30-ish (SUPA supplies the charcoal). Open mic begins about noon, and the ukulele song circles starts thereafter.
- Open mic: Everybody is welcome to participate in the open mic. Be sure to sign up when you arrive. We'd love to hear what you're working on or rehearsing!
- Picnic: SUPA provides the charcoal, utensils, plates, cups, and plasticware. Bring your own entree and/or side dish and drinks (non-alcoholic). Sharing is fantastic!
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.