Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Hop in to Spring with SUPA!
- Sunday, May 14: Folklife Rehearsal, & Ukulele Song Circle
- Join us in May for our monthly ukulele song circle and Northwest Folklife Rehearsal featuring songs of Neil Diamond!
- Be sure to review the Folklife information, below, to have all the necessary songs and whatnot for the rehearsal. Even if you're not participating in Folklife, you are certainly welcome to come and sample/test the songs. It's Neil Diamond, after all!
- Following all of this fun is our monthly Ukulele Song Circle. Bring your books, and suggest a song. Doors open at 1:00; Folklife rehearsal from 1:15-2:30; Ukulele Song Circle from 2:30-4:30. All this fun for only $4.
- May - Northwest Folklife Festival
- What's better than Neil Diamond? Neil Diamond on ukulele! That's right, our Northwest Foklife theme this year is all about Pop Music's Solitary Man. Be sure to download the set of 12 songs that are "works in progress" to learn them. Here's the current version (version 5): Neil_Diamond_NWFL2017_v5.pdf. (Note: This is the same set as version 4, but last time, we forgot to include "I'm a Believer".)
- Sunday, May 14: Rehearsal prior to our monthly ukulele song circle from 1:15-2:30pm at Phinny Community Hall.
- Sunday, May 21: Folklife rehearsal at Phinney Community Hall from 2:00-4:00pm.
- Monday, May 29: Performance from 3:30-4:00pm in the Exhibition Hall. Same space as the last few years, and again as part of the UKENALIA! Ukulele Showcase, which will run from 3-5pm; the showcase starts with the kids from Thornton Creek Elementary, then SUPA does its Neil Diamond set, and The Castaways rock that big concrete box to wrap it up.
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.