Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Have a SUPA Summer!
- Sunday, July 13: Ukulele Song Circle
- Come join SUPA for our monthly Ukulele Song Circle. We'll open the doors at 1:00 for informal ukulele gatherings, or maybe learn some new music, and then our ukulele song circle is from 2:30-4:30pm. For this monthly, only, we'll be in the Upper Blue Building because of a scheduling conflict. Elevator access is available. Please follow the signs to our room. (Only $3 and a free raffle!)
- Sunday, August 10: SUPA Picnic in Ravenna Park
- Join SUPA for a fun-filled day of ukulele music, open mic, barbecue, and fellowship. Hear great ukulele music! Play along with everyone! Sing as loud as you can! We'll be set up by 10:00am with coffee and donuts, start grilling around 11:30, move to the open mic, conduct our ukulele song circle, and then stay as long as you'd like.
- SUPA will provide serving ware (plates, forks, spoons, napkins), and charcoal briquettes. We suggest you bring your own grillables and something to share, ukulele and song books, chair, beverages (non-alcoholic), and anything or anybody else you want! Click here for directions to Ravenna Park.
- Sunday, September 7: Live Aloha Festival at Seattle Center
- SUPA has no official performance for the Live Aloha Festival this year. Rather, there are several ukulele jams and kanikapilas scheduled throughout the day. Although a week earlier this year (usually on the second Sunday), as is our tradition, SUPA does not meet for a ukulele song circle this month as a way to promote attendance at Live Aloha.
- Sunday, September 14: No SUPA meeting this month
- SUPA does not meet during September of each year since it usually conflicts with Live Aloha. Although we don't have a conflict this year, we're keeping with the tradition of not meeting in September.
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information. (Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.)
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.