Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Stay out of the cold with SUPA!
- Sunday, February 12: Neal Chin Workshop & Ukulele Song Circle
- Join us in February for a workshop on Right Hand Techniques. Our own Neal Chin will teach you how to expand your playing by various right hand techniques. Run through various rhythms and learn how to use your whole right hand to make your 'ukulele sound like five. Basic strumming technique is required to optimally benefit from the workshop.
- Then stay for our monthly ukulele song circle as we welcome in Valentine's Day. Workshop from 1:15-2:15-ish, and ukulele song circle starting at 2:30, all for only $15. Ukulele Song Circle, only, $4.
- Sunday, March 12: Swap Meet, Open Mic, & Ukulele Song Circle
- Join us in March on the first day of Daylight Savings Time for our annual Swap Meet, Open Mic, and Ukulele Song Circle!
- Swap Meet -- anything related to ukulele is welcome (ukuleles, cases, music stands, picks, straps, CDs, aloha shirts, etc.). Got a ukulele you'd like to sell? A case you're not using? Looking to buy "just one more"? Bring it along, and see if it sells.
- Open Mic -- during the Swap Meet, be entertained by your fellow SUPA members. This is a great time to perform a song you've been working on. This is the most supportive group you'll ever perform in front of!
- Following all of this fun is our monthly Ukulele Song Circle. Bring your books, and suggest a song. Doors open at 1:15; swap meet from 1:15 to 4:30; Open Mic from 1:15 to 2:30; Ukulele Song Circle from 2:30-4:30. All this fun for only $4.
- May - Northwest Folklife Festival
- What's better than Neil Diamond? Neil Diamond on ukulele! That's right, our Northwest Foklife theme this year is all about Pop Music's Solitary Man. Be sure to download the set of 12 songs that are "works in progress" to learn them. Here's the current version (with changes made after January 2017): Neil_Diamond_NWF2017_v3.pdf
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.