Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
Upcoming SUPA Events:
- Saturday, December 14: AFECT Holiday Cruise
- SUPA has been invited again this year to play holiday music on the cruise supporting charities for those with developmental disabilities. The AFECT (Active Ferry Employees Charitable Trust) Holiday Cruise usually has about 700 passengers and cruises Elliott Bay for about 90 minutes.
- SUPA members should arrive about 12:00 noon to Coleman Dock/Pier 52 (map). When you get to a toll booth, tell them you're with the AFECT Holiday Cruise. They'll direct you to the ferry loading for the AFECT Holiday Cruise ferry. They'll begin loading the ferry about 12:30pm. Once on board, look for other SUPA members on the main passenger deck. The Holiday Cruise, itself, will last approximately 90 minutes. They provide a sack lunch, and we should return to the dock by about 3:30pm.
- If you have some festive holiday attire, please bring that along. In addition, aloha shirts always work well. We'll be inside, so the temperature should be fine, unless the doors are kept open. Please dress in layers just in case (as is always good advice in the Northwest). Please bring the SUPA 2008 Holiday Songbook (PDF download).
- Saturday, December 14: Green Lake Pathway of Lights
- Join SUPA for another cold year at the Green Lake Pathway of Lights for some ukulele holiday magic! The event is from 5-8pm, rain or shine, and our performance is from 6:00-6:30pm at the Green Lake Community Center (map) (west side of the building, along the path).
- The "walk of lights" is lit up by luminarias that line Green Lake's pathway, and usually has as many as 10,000 people. Please wear warm clothes as it gets extremely cold next to the water. We'll have hand and feet warmers available. We'll be singing from the SUPA 2008 Holiday Songbook (PDF download).
- Sunday, January 12: SUPA Song Circle
- Join SUPA on our 11th anniversary for our monthly song circle. Start the new year off right! Bring that new ukulele you just got! Win valuable raffle prizes! Doors open at 1:15pm for jams and informal gatherings; Song Circle from 2:30-4:30pm. Only $3.
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a quick view version of the SUPA calendar of upcoming events: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.