Seattle Ukulele Players Association (SUPA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation founded in 2003 to promote fellowship, entertainment, performance and education among ukulele enthusiasts in the Puget Sound region.
SUPA Spring is in the Air!
- Northwest Folklife Rehearsals
- Join SUPA for rehearsals for our Northwest Folklife Festival set, "One Hit Wonders." All are welcome, whether you can attend NW Folklife or not, as we need ukulele players to help develop our set.
- Saturday, April 25, 3:30-5:30pm: This first full-group rehearsal of potential songs for our Northwest Folklife set is in our regular meeting space at Phinney. At this session, we'll have print-outs of the songs as they currently stand. After input from this practice and any additional tweaking, we'll create "final" versions of the set that will be put up on the SUPA web site.
- Sunday, May 10, 1:15-2:30pm: This rehearsal for Folklife will be prior to our monthly Ukulele Song Circle at Phinney. This session will use the final versions created after the April 25 rehearsal.
- Sunday, May 17, 2:00-4:00pm: This rehearsal will be our last prior to Northwest Folklife, and will be in Room 7 in the upper/blue building at Phinney (where we held a song circle last July). We'll use this as a dress rehearsal for our set.
- Monday, May 25, 3:00-5:00pm: The UKENALIA Showcase will take place from 3-5pm on Monday, May 25, 2015, in the Exhibition Hall. SUPA is the second of the three acts (Thornton Creek Elementary is first, The Castaways will be after us), with our set's start time of 3:30 pm.
- Sunday, May 10: Ukulele Song Circle
- Join SUPA in May for our monthly Ukulele Song Circle, with a Northwest Folklife rehearsal beforehand.
- From 1:15 to 2:30pm, we'll rehearse some of our Folklife material, "One Hit Wonders". All are welcome, even if you can't come to Folklife, as this is an opportunity to learn some new songs and refine some that we've already visited.
- Our monthly Ukulele Song Circle will follow the rehearsal, from 2:30-4:30pm. All this for only $3.
- Monday, May 25: Northwest Folklife Performance
- The UKENALIA Showcase will take place from 3-5pm on Monday, May 25, 2015, in the Exhibition Hall. SUPA is the second of the three acts (Thornton Creek Elementary is first, The Castaways will be after us), with our set's start time of 3:30 pm. More details to come.
Ukulele Events in the Puget Sound
- Below is a calendar of upcoming events in the Puget Sound region: SUPA song circles, events, and sponsored workshops, ukulele-related events and happenings, and workshops and classes. Click on an event for more details or information.
- Please note: All non-SUPA events are reported to us by those groups, and we rely on them to provide us updates. However, always verify with that group if the event is current or has been canceled.
Song Circle Locations
SUPA meets the 2nd Sunday of most months at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. We meet in the Lower Building (6615 Dayton Ave N - map). This is the old brick school on Dayton Avenue and not the wooden blue building on Phinney Ave. Parking is available in the lower lot (east) off 67th Street. Accessible entrance is on the east side of the building on Dayton Avenue.